How to call Amazon: use the toll free number below to contact customer service for help with returns, orders, and account questions. When you call, you will be asked the questions below.
Amazon Customer Service (Toll Free) : 1-800-631-8673
- Thank you for calling Amazon. This call could be recorded for quality assurance. Tell me briefly why you are calling.
- You can say things like:
- “I dont have my package”
- Just a moment, an associate will join you shortly [real person]
- “my kindle ebook purchase”
- if you are calling about the latest Kindle software update including information about profiles, passwords and the Washington Post please visit our help pages for more information at www.amazon.com/firetablethelp
- intermittent issues with you Kindle Fire, like a frozen screen or trouble downloading content, can be resolved by restarting you Kindle
- to restart yiur Kindle Fire, press and hold the power button for a full 40 seconds, release it, and then press the power button again
- to restart another kind of Kindle, slide and hold the power button for a full 40 seconds and then release
- video demonstrations of this process can be viewed found online at amazon.com/kindlesupport
- if you wish you can hang up the phone and try to restart your kindle, otherwise please stay on the line to speak to customer service [real person]
- “my amazon video”
- thank you for contacting Amazon customer service, my name is XXXXX, how may I help you today? [real person]
- “problem with my order”